This Superintendent position is responsible to perform all of the duties as they relate to assisting the PM’s, Project Staff, and Subcontractors in coordinating all operations at project sites.
The person in this position must possess the knowledge to lead and manage Commercial Construction Projects:
- Managing all on site personnel.
- Managing the Master Schedule – developing, updating, and achieving the deadlines set forth in the project schedule using Microsoft Project.
- Managing the implementation of the Site Specific Safety Program.
- Managing the Site Specific Quality Management Plan.
- The Primary Point of Contact in the field with the Client, Architects, Engineers, Inspectors and Subcontractors.
- Must have at least seven years of field experience for a commercial general contractor in a supervisory position. Must be familiar with all aspects of leading a project and reading blueprints, specifications, subcontracts, shop drawings, and submittals.
- A Bachelor’s degree in construction management – or – the equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
Specifically, the Superintendent is required to have competency with the following:
Computer skills to include Word, Excel, Outlook and Microsoft Project scheduling applications.
- Responsible for setting realistic schedules and meeting all schedule milestones and deadlines. Organizes long lead order items to meet schedule requirements and coordinates all trade sequencing and owner items.
- Develops and coordinates all project site logistics, deliveries, and temporary utilities.
- Oversees all SWPPP requirements and compliance.
- Responsible for the coordination of all testing and inspections.
- Responsible for all project close-out and facilities training coordination, punch list creation/completion, and final turn-over.
- Schedules manpower for the project as needed and coordinated with the Project PM and General Superintendent. Works with the PM’s to ensure that overtime is limited, in compliance with project General Conditions budget.
- Is the Primary point of responsibility for quality control and quality assurance in accordance with our Site Specific Quality Management Plan. Coordinates and schedules all necessary Pre-Install meetings for key quality elements on each project to ensure a first class end result.
- Ability to write RFI’s of multi-trade type Subcontractor questions and process them through the proper A&E team members for answers and closure on issues.
- Posts RFI’s and “Slip Sheets” drawing updates to a working As-Built set of construction documents on site.
- Runs weekly safety and Foreman’s meetings to ensure a high level of communication and coordination with the Subcontractor teams.
- Assists in the review and creation of trade scopes of work with the PM’s.
- Assists in the review and creation of project bid schedules.
- Plays an integral role in communication and problem solving and acting as a connection point between subcontractors, architects, clients, PM’s, etc. Great negotiating skills.
- This list is not meant to be all-inclusive and shall include other activities as necessary to accomplish the duties as assigned.
- Safety certifications and equipment operation licenses are a plus.
- Multi-lingual is a plus.
- Must have experience with some or all of the following project types: Ground up new building construction and tenant improvements.
- Multi-Family (New Construction, Re-Imaging)
- Parking Structure (Structural Retrofit)
- Hospitality (Restaurant, Hotel, Retail)
- Education (K-12, Higher Ed)
- Healthcare (MOB, Assisted Living, OSHPD)
- Faith Based (Church, Non-Profit)
- Site Construction
Please provide a detailed project experience list showing these types of projects and your role on the project.
Please provide the following types of references:
- Subcontractor Trade References
- Architect References
- Client References
- Employer References
Open to Southern California residents. Salary is negotiable based on experience. Slater Builders Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.